In an ongoing effort to protect APIs and its users, eBay has enabled OAuth authorization for the Shopping API.
The eBay module uses this API to synchronize the terms of sale and return that you created on the eBay account.
eBay will stop supporting APPID-based authorization by June 30, 2021. All Shopping API requests submitted with APPID-based authorization will fail effective July 1, 2021.
To allow the module to function correctly, following this change, you will therefore have to create an account at https://developer.ebay.com/.
How to configure the authorization token in the eBay module?
After creating your account on https://developer.ebay.com/, you will need to obtain the token that allows the module to have the necessary permissions to use the Shopping API. To do this:
1) Log in to https://developer.ebay.com/
2) Click on “Application access Keys”
3) Click on the “User Tokens” link in the “Production” section
Your page might look different and in this case you would see the message “Your keyset is currently disabled”. In this case, click on “marketplace deletion/account clousure notification”.
Then, in “Alerts & Notifications” tab set to not persisting data as in the image below.
4) Select the item “OAuth (new security)”
8) You will be redirected back to developer.ebay.com and you will be able to see your token
9) Select and copy the displayed text
10) Access the eBay module configuration page in the Back office of your PrestaShop store.
11) Paste your token in the “User authorization token” field in the “General Settings” tab.
12) Save the changes.
To test the correct functioning of the token, you can modify a product category associated with eBay:
During the first step of the configuration, the module will display menus to choose from your payment and return policies, as in the image
Warning: Payment policies may not appear if they have not been created on your eBay account. Check on the Businesspolicy/manage page if any return or payment conditions have already been created. If these menus are not displayed (image below) and the conditions are present on eBay, please contact our support service.