Stripe is compatible with several additional payment methods such as iDEAL, Bancontact, Sofort and Giropay (from 2.0 Version).
To accept payments with these platforms, it will be necessary to activate the option corresponding to each circuit in the control panel of the Stripe module.
However, these payment methods are not always visible on the site, but are activated only when the customer, who is making the purchase, enters a shipping address compatible with the payment method.
– iDEAL will be shown to customers who indicate a shipping address in Netherlands.
– Bancontact will only be activated for customers who provide a shipping address located in Belgium
– Sofort will be activated for customers with an address in Austria, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Holland or Spain.
– Giropay will be shown to customers who indicate a shipping address in Germany
New payment systems have been added in version 2.2 of Stripe:
– SEPA will be activated for customers with an address in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Italy, Portugal, Austria, Ireland
– EPS will be activated for customers with an address in Austria
– P24 will be shown to customers who indicate a delivery address in Poland
– FPX active only in Malaysia
Each payment method will only be displayed in the countries listed.
How can I make sure that these payment methods are active on my site?
To check that these payment methods are working properly, you have to simulate a purchase on your site.
When entering the shipping address, choose a shipping address in Netherlands, Belgium or Germany. Two alternative payment systems will be shown.
If not, please contact the support service.
Multibanco and WeChat and Alipay
These payment systems are not supported by our Stripe module at the moment but they will soon be integrated into the module.